Consumers increasingly expect brands to know them. One way that retailers can impress their customers is by using brand personalization.
In fact, 74% of customers say they feel frustrated when their shopping experience is not personalized.
Although using details about your customers in emails and other promotions used to have the reputation of being creepy, more and more brands are seeing the benefits. Retailers can expect a 19% uplift in sales when they use personalization.
And personalization has also been shown to improve customer satisfaction scores, increasing the likelihood that customers leave positive reviews on social media.
Here are some of the top trends in personalization:
- Create 1-1 shopper experiences by showcasing complementary products to previously purchased items.
- Personalized mobile customer experiences include SMS notifications and in-app customer experiences. More than 79% of smartphone users have made a purchase with their mobile device in the last 6 months. So, it’s essential for brands to target their customers using this platform.
- Brands can create personalization using image recognition to suggest specific colors, or products based on consumer preferences and tastes.
- Companies are leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide personalized experiences to their customers. The best brands are actually anticipating customers’ needs and identifying products to meet those needs.
- Data privacy and cookieless personalization are essential for brands that care about their customers. The digital world is evolving and it’s important to give users control over their data. In fact, 48% of consumers say they are willing to share personal details as long as their data is secure.
- Even longer customer journeys can be personalized. As data becomes more advanced, personalized experiences will shift to better target customers with ads and messaging.
- Loyalty is increasingly important for retailers. And it’s no wonder that personalization is key for companies vying to win back customers’ trust and keep them coming back again and again.
- Brands should plan to implement omni-channel personalization for their customers. According to Google, on average, people switch between 3 devices to complete a task and use 10 channels to communicate with a business.
- Be sure to have an anonymous visitor personalization strategy. Not everyone will sign into your website or voluntarily give you their information. Brands will need to personalize the buying journey even for these anonymous visitors.
Consumers are more connected and desire more personalization across multiple channels than ever before. Combine artificial intelligence, digital tools and human interactions to provide a seamless personalized customer journey.
Read more on this topic and download our Consumer Trends in 10: Personalization presentation here: https://centricity.com/brand-personalization/
Centricity partners with retailers and manufacturers to provide customized product protection solutions that drive revenue and result in loyal, happy customers. If you want to learn more about product protection plans and customized implementation and training for your team, contact us today.